Instagram

Monday, March 18, 2013

Date Night

Candy and I have been doing these date nights every week where we pick out these pre-made popsicle sticks from a jar.  Whatever is written on the stick is what we have to do for that week.  So we've been doing this since the beginning of the year, and we've picked sticks like "All things Thai date," "Draw a Portrait of Each Other," "Dinner for Him," "Paint Coffee Mugs," etc.  Little things like that.  It's kind of like last year's event of the month, but it's a date of the week.  It's been really fun, and it's expanded our horizons a little bit.  Well last week we got "Go on a Scenic Drive."  So naturally since it's starting to get warmer out, and it was really nice out last Friday we took the RX-8 out for a spin.  We drove up through Madrid and out to Ledges State Park.  It took us a while to get there, because just about every road to get around there is gravel.  Well I didn't want to take my car out on muddy nasty gravel with a fresh car wash, so Siri took us around the entire place before we were able to actually head in there.  We finally got to Ledges and got to drive around a little while.  It was really pretty up there.  While we were driving around we came across a family of deer crossing the road in front of us!  There were 6 of them just casually walking across and looking at us a little bit.  It was really neat.  We then took the back roads back up to Saylorville Dam and we got out on the bridge and took a couple pictures because the sunset was pretty.  I really wanted to see the PANSTARRS Comet, but it was too cloudy!!!  Grr....  I really want to see that before it goes away, but it's been so cloudy here everyday that we can't see it.  Anyway, here's a few pictures of the car with the sunset and whatnot..

DSC_0999

DSC_0997

DSC_0990

DSC_0983

DSC_0982

DSC_0996

The pictures turned out alright.  I was kind of taking them a little fast, because at that point it was starting to get a little chilly.  It was still a really fun drive.


So the night before all of this happened.  I went up to Ames to go and break with my old buddies.  It was really fun, but it kicked the shit out of me!  It's been a while since I last practice, and I'm not quite in breaking shape right now.  I've been working out quite a bit, but breakdancing uses entirely different muscles that I haven't used for quite some time.  I wasn't terrible though, but I was sore for about 4 days...  I'll upload a video of some practice highlights once I get through with editing the footage.  It was pretty amazing!

I also started trying to get some autographs by sending out fan mail!  I got my first success last week!  I sent out a basketball card and letter with a SASE to John Paxson of the Chicago Bulls.  He played for them in the early 90s during the championship years, and now is a part of management.  I sent out the letter to him on February 25th, and got something back last Thursday!  Here's what he sent:

Untitled

I was so excited!  I'll probably try some more later, and I'm waiting on another right now.  Hopefully it's a success, because I reeeeeaaaaally want it!  We'll see.  

That's it for now.  I think I'm forgetting something, but that will just have to wait until next time!

Also Candy and I have now been together for 6 1/2 years!  Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment