Instagram

Friday, June 29, 2012

Car upgrades and Temptations concert

A couple of things have been going on lately, so I'll update real quick.  I purchased some new motor mounts for my car a little while back from a Mazda performance company called Race Roots.  They're more of a solid mount than the OEM ones.  I installed those last week.  Wow were they violent at first! The whole car vibrated when the engine was under load.  They've settled a bit since then, and now they're quite a bit more livable than before.  So far I like them, and will probably keep them around.  I ordered a midpipe yesterday from Corksport, because I think my catalytic converter is starting go.  So I figured why the hell not just remove it?  I've been wanting one for a while anyway, so this is basically my excuse for getting it.  I want to eliminate any problems before they occur; I want to keep this car running for as long as it can!  I've heard good things about the Corksport Midpipe though.  They seem to have really good build quality and service from what I hear.  I'm excited for it.

So anyways, while I was away, Candy and I went to our June event!  We went to see The Temptations at Hoyt Sherman Place!  I've been a HUGE Temptations fan ever since I first saw the mini-series back when I was in 7th grade.  I used to memorize all of the routines, and do lip syncs for school and family events.  It was pretty awesome.  Eddie Kendricks was always my favorite.  His voice was just so smooth, and the way he sang Just My Imagination was just beautiful and sexy.  That's my all time favorite song.  So a little info about The Temptations..  Otis Williams is the sole remaining original Temptation.  Paul Williams, David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, and Melvin Franklin all passed away over the years.  Other have filled in, but that was the original group where all the magic happened.  I've been wanting to see them for a while, but never got to it.  Once I heard they were coming to Des Moines again I definitely wanted to see them.  So we bought tickets and it became our event of the month for June.  Our tickets were pretty sweet, right in the center in the 6th row.  I thought they did a great job at the show.  They sang all of the classics, and they did a great job doing it.  They mixed a couple of their newer recordings in the show too, and I was pretty impressed.  The group did really well, and did all of the dance routines to a T.  I was expecting it to be more of a classy and less exciting show, but they ROCKED the house!  I was seriously impressed with how these guys did; it was great.  Here's a video of their closing song.  They did I'm Losing You right after they sang My Girl for their last song.  I thought it was great, here you go:




No comments:

Post a Comment