Instagram

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Own the Night!!!

Hello all!  Well not much really has been going on with me lately.  I've been busy with school and work and whatnot.  So last night I went to the Lady Antebellum concert here in Des Moines!  It was part of their "Own the Night" Tour for 2012.  Thompson Square and Darius Rucker opened up for em.  It was a GREAT show!  Thompson Square was good, but it seemed like their sound levels were a bit off.  Darius Rucker then came on and everyone went nuts!  It seemed like a lot of people went just to see him.  He did a lot of songs off of his album, and did some old Hootie and the Blowfish songs too.  I really like when he did "I only wanna be with you."  To close his show he did a cover of "Purple Rain," and it was awesome!  I wish I had recorded it, but my iPhone was dying and I wanted to record the opening of Lady Antebellum.  So Lady A came on, and they were awesome too.  Here's the opening of their part of the show:


It was great, they did a lot of the songs I was hoping they would play.  I was really glad that they did "Perfect Day," because that's one of my favorite songs by them.  I was secretly hoping they would play "Heart of the World," but that's not really a good 'concert' song so I understand.  Other than these stupid girls that kept having to squeeze in front of us to go get beer ever other song (you can see them in the beginning of the video...) the concert was great!  There were these other girls behind us that kept talking throughout the show too and that sucked.  I couldn't really hear them too much because they were down a little ways, but every now and then I could.  Overall I wasn't too bothered by anyone, and it was an amazing show!  I would definitely go again!



Other than the concert I have a few other random bits of news..  I booked a cruise earlier this month for Candy and I!  It's going to be awesome.  It's not until next November, but I figure that's fine and gives us time to get ready for it.  It was a great deal though, it is a 7 day cruise and we got a cabin with a balcony (for dirt cheap).  We'll be leaving out of Baltimore, MD.  The plan is to head to Baltimore a couple days before we embark.  Our first night we'll hang out in Baltimore for a bit, and then the next day we're going to take the train over to Washington D.C. and see all of the sights.  Plus, my Dad is friends with a retired Secret Service agent, so he said he'll talk to him and see if he can hook us up with something while we're there.  After that we'll embark.  Our ports are in Port Canaveral, FL, Nassau, Bahamas, and Freeport, Bahamas.  Anyway, I'm super excited for it.

I've also been buying a few different parts for my car...  So you'll have to stay tuned and see what all I've purchased.  They will remain a secret for now...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment